Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MaxTrumblay
Frequent Visitor

Display last 4 weeks data based on selected week

Hi everyone,

So here's my problem, I want to make a graph showing the currently selected week from my filter and the [Week]-1,[Week]-2,[Week]-3.

Is there any measure or DAX formula existing to solve my problem?

Thanks,

Max 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @MaxTrumblay

Create a Date table but don't link it to your main data table.  Make sure your new date table has a week starting column that matches your data table.

Then simply create this measure on your data table and add it as a filter on your bar chart.

Date Range Filter = IF(
			MAX('Table1'[Date]) <= MIN('Dates'[WeekStarting])
			&& MAX('Table1'[Date]) >= MIN('Dates'[WeekStarting])-21
			--------------------------------------------------------
			, 1 , 0)

Here is a link to a PBIX file so you can see it working

https://wgtnpowerbi-my.sharepoint.com/personal/phil_wgtnpowerbi_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/guestacc...

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jyo27
Helper II
Helper II

I have the same issue . Its working for me this solution . But when I clear the selection for week slicer I need all the week data . How can I achieve this?

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @MaxTrumblay

Create a Date table but don't link it to your main data table.  Make sure your new date table has a week starting column that matches your data table.

Then simply create this measure on your data table and add it as a filter on your bar chart.

Date Range Filter = IF(
			MAX('Table1'[Date]) <= MIN('Dates'[WeekStarting])
			&& MAX('Table1'[Date]) >= MIN('Dates'[WeekStarting])-21
			--------------------------------------------------------
			, 1 , 0)

Here is a link to a PBIX file so you can see it working

https://wgtnpowerbi-my.sharepoint.com/personal/phil_wgtnpowerbi_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/guestacc...

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark 

I tried your formula, but i have something modified according to my need i have replaced the weekstartingdate to weekendingdate and the formula is wroking perfectly fine showing me the 3 weeks after the date which i select. But this is working only in bar or line chart level but its not working with the matrix table. When i bring the week end column into column field my matrix table goes blank. I am trying to achive something like below :Capture.PNG

Can you please help me on this ? 

Thanks a lot @Phil_Seamark for the fast reply. It's not working but I am assuming it because the interaction of my calendar and my database are not correctly done. I think I need to solve that issue by rethinking the way the database will be populated then it will work properly.

Best regards,

Max

You can have more than one calendar table. Did you try my PBIX file?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark,

Yes, I tried it. I understand the logic, unfortunately, I'm not able to replicate it for my situation. Probably only an interaction problem. my METRICS table (table1 in your case) is using DateID and is linked to my DATE table with a DateID. I don't know how I can use a new date table and make it work only using one filter (from my DATE table).

Thanks in advance,

Max 

I think the key is to not use your existing date table.

I'd suggest using a different table to your main Date table (you can have more than one)

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.