Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S-2022
Regular Visitor

Display large-volume text fields

My pbix is tracking various change commitments.  I have a nifty set of graphics but need to create a text display for things that are delayed to capture the explanatory notes.  My audience use hard copy, not screen views.

Using PBI Table doesn't work because it runs over the canvas size and won't export to PDF with all the text. 

I thought about exporting to a Word merge format but can't see how to make the data connection.  The paragraph below shows  roughly the volume I need to present for each row.  There are around 40 rows.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Heading

Person                                                                                                                       Status

Entity                                                                                                                         Delivery by

Detail Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Maecenas porttitor congue massa. Fusce posuere, magna sed pulvinar ultricies, purus lectus malesuada libero, sit amet commodo magna eros quis urna.

Update Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Maecenas porttitor congue massa. Fusce posuere, magna sed pulvinar ultricies, purus lectus malesuada libero, sit amet commodo magna eros quis urna.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @danextian.  They gave me adccess to the software but said to figure it out myself.  I'll muddle through on the Excel option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @S-2022 ,

Have you tried exporting the data to an Excel file instead of exporting the page to PDF? If that doesn't work, your next option is to use Power BI Report Builder which requires a premium capacity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Thanks @danextian.  They gave me adccess to the software but said to figure it out myself.  I'll muddle through on the Excel option.

Hi @danextian - I have access to Report Builder but am not supported by our IT on that package.  If you have some notes in small syllables, that would be super.

If it isn't supported by your IT, it wont make sense doing it in Report Builder if you can't share it. Other than those two solutions I initially proposedm I can't think of anything else that will address your use case.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.