Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display label based on user viewing the dashboard

Hi Power BI Pros,

I have a graph that shows about 40 points/staff members in a scatter graph. I would like to create a visualiation whereby if one of the 40 users logs into my dashboard, only his/her label is shown whereas the other 39 staff are unlabelled.

I would appreciate if you could point me into the right direction as to how i can set this up. Currently the Power BI dashboard is supported by a SSAS tabular model with RLS enabled. I suspect it would have to be RLS but not sure the exact steps on how this can be done.

Thanks

Oneircier

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Oneiricer,

This can be achieved by RLS implementing in SSAS with Power BI.

In SSAS, you have implemented RLS in the security tab. Go to RLS and edit the DAX Expressions that you have defined before. You may have different DAX Expressions to get the data filtered for the user like Department wise, Team wise, Reporting wise, etc..

If it so, add one more condition to the existing DAX,

&& Username =  username(). This will restrict to that particular user and loads data for that particular user alone.

Hope this provides you the solution for your requirement.

Regards,

Pradeep

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pradeep

Thanks for your response.

I am aware of this. However using the DAX you've supplied removes everyone else's records.

i only want to LABEL the relevant user into the graph, with all the other users with no label.

Regards

Oneiricer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.