Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display image or text when there is no data?

Hey all,

I have a few reports up and running and when I start using slicers to display the different visuals by "department" I have noticed that some of the smaller departments have gaps in their data because they are very small... so there are a few of the visuals that are just blank. Is there any way to provide some indicative text like "No Data Available" or an image? Just so that its clear that its not "broken"

Cheers,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Yes.  Just return your measure in a variable and then use IF() to return alternate text if blank.

MyMeasure = var measure1 = [Original Measure]

return IF(ISBLANK(measure1), "Not Enough Data", measure1)

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Yes.  Just return your measure in a variable and then use IF() to return alternate text if blank.

MyMeasure = var measure1 = [Original Measure]

return IF(ISBLANK(measure1), "Not Enough Data", measure1)

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahoneypat 

Excellent I will give that a try!

What if instead of text I wanted to display an image? Is it the file path or url?

You can use UNICHAR to return an image.  See this link - https://exceleratorbi.com.au/dax-unichar-function-power-bi/

Or you can just use the Windows key + the period button to insert an icon.  Insert it as text inside quotes like this "😊"

Regards,

Pat

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.