Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display icon or image on the Table column header

Hi, 

I have a request from my client to show an icon or image on the column header for a Table. I know it is possible for rows, but not too sure if it's achievable on column header.

Appreciate any advice to do this. Thanks.

cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This is not particularly easy to manage - there is currently no native support for images in table headers.

If your users will be using browsers or an OS that supports emoji, then you can use these when naming the columns - once you rename the field and are able to edit the text for the column name, you can bring up the emoji keyboard in Windows 10 by pressing Win + ; (windows key and semi-colon).

Note that even though all emoji are displayed in the keyboard with colour, it is down to the application to support this - note from the screenshot below, some appear in colour and some appear as monotone:

image.png

Another alterntive is to use unicode characters, if your OS supports it - you can copy/paste values from a site such as unicode-table.com into the field box, e.g.:

image.png

Note that again, your mileage will vary as to whether these will appear in colour or not, so you may need to experiment.

Hopefully this should give you some ideas on how you might be able to attempt this, shoud you wish to proceed. Good luck!

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dm-p ,

Thank you for your reply, it worked for me!

cheers!

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This is not particularly easy to manage - there is currently no native support for images in table headers.

If your users will be using browsers or an OS that supports emoji, then you can use these when naming the columns - once you rename the field and are able to edit the text for the column name, you can bring up the emoji keyboard in Windows 10 by pressing Win + ; (windows key and semi-colon).

Note that even though all emoji are displayed in the keyboard with colour, it is down to the application to support this - note from the screenshot below, some appear in colour and some appear as monotone:

image.png

Another alterntive is to use unicode characters, if your OS supports it - you can copy/paste values from a site such as unicode-table.com into the field box, e.g.:

image.png

Note that again, your mileage will vary as to whether these will appear in colour or not, so you may need to experiment.

Hopefully this should give you some ideas on how you might be able to attempt this, shoud you wish to proceed. Good luck!

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.