Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andreas_AUT
Frequent Visitor

Display growth of parent value in matrix

Dear all,

I am working for some time now with Power BI and now got several requests and one of them is (from my perspective or I am thinking to complicated) a tricky one: 

In a matrix we have the sales per customer:

NameSalesGrowth
Customer 1120020%
Customer 2800-5%
Customer 3123430%

Each customer has several childs and when I drill down in one Customer in the matrix, Now I should show the Growth of the child and the growth of the parent (customer). e.g.

NameSalesGrowthGrowth parent
Child 1 - Customer 1500-17%20%
Child 2 - Customer 170017%20%

How can this be handled?

thanks and best regards,

Andreas

8 REPLIES 8
blamrugan
Frequent Visitor

It would be helpful if you can say how many levels you are going to have.

sorry, I will have 4 levels in total.

@Andreas_AUT,

Do you have different tables to store the child items? If so, what field do you use to create relationships between tables?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Lydia,

I have got the follwoing setup

Table 1:

Customer, Child, Sales

Table 2:

Distinct(Table 1[Customer])

I linked those customers also to the forecast and the plan figures. Those two Tables are linked together (1:N).

The planning/forecasting ist not done on child but on customer level, therefore I use the Childs directly from Table 1.

best regards,

Andreas

@Andreas_AUT,

What logic do you use to calculate Growth? Please review the following blog about how to provide sample data.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

sorry for the incomplete information. I was not aware of the full information that should be supplied.

My formulars are the following:

Growth = [Sales FaceValue YTD EUR]/[LY FaceValue YTD  EUR]-1

Sales FaceValue YTD EUR = TOTALYTD(SUM(Sales[Sales FaceValue EUR]);'Date'[Date];"02/28")

LY FaceValue YTD  EUR = CALCULATE([Sales FaceValue YTD EUR];DATEADD('Date'[Date];-1;YEAR))

the field: Sales FaceValue EUR is just a calculated column in my data in order to get all different curencies to EUR.

Sorry for the inconveniences caused.

best regards,

Andreas

Hi,

Share a dataset and show the the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

@Andreas_AUT,

Is there any possiblity that you share me the PBIX file via Private Message?

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.