Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display detail information only when the column is selected.

I have a slicer to filter customer names and when the customer is filtered it shows me the account numbers and other information associated with that customer on a table visual, What I want to get is when I select one of the accounts for that customer I want to get all the payment information and payment details for that account on another table in the same page or in another page and I only want to see the payment details when the account number is selected.
I tried to do this by adding a details column which contains the link of the payment information for each account as explained in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXObcA9G9Vw

Capture.PNG
, but the link opens the detail information on another web browser. I want to see the detail information of the account on the same page or another page only when one of the account numbers for that customer is selected. It should display the payment information like below.

Capture.PNG

I hope my question is clear 🙂
Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I want to see the detail information of the account on the same page or another page only when one of the account numbers for that customer is selected. It should display the payment information like below.

For your requirement, I'll suggest your use the Bookmark feature in Power BI. You could create the bookmark for each account with the details information. When you click one of the account, it will show you the details of the account.

However, this way won't be dynamic like the way you see in the video. You could use this way if your don't have many accounts.

In another way, you may could use the feature Drillthrough in Power BI. 

Drillthrough.png

More details, you could refer to this attachment.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

I want to see the detail information of the account on the same page or another page only when one of the account numbers for that customer is selected. It should display the payment information like below.

For your requirement, I'll suggest your use the Bookmark feature in Power BI. You could create the bookmark for each account with the details information. When you click one of the account, it will show you the details of the account.

However, this way won't be dynamic like the way you see in the video. You could use this way if your don't have many accounts.

In another way, you may could use the feature Drillthrough in Power BI. 

Drillthrough.png

More details, you could refer to this attachment.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-piga-msftThank you for your reply! I have a lot of account numbers, so I used the Drillthrough and It works fine!

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you have solved your problem. Please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft, My previous question is solved, but I have a similar question.

I have a slicer to filter customer names and I have a table visual which displays columns associated with the customer when nothing is selected on the slicer the table displays all the values for all customers, but is it possible that the table only displays values only when a customer is selected and otherwise it doesn't show anything.

Is it possible to do that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.