Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gp93
Helper I
Helper I

Display data outside of a report filter, based on the report filter

Hi all,

I have had a request which I dont think is possible but I could be wrong. I have a report that ranks clients based on a number of measures (Completion amount, cancellation rate etc.). These ranks are then shown on a normal table visual. When we want to give the report to a client I filter at a report level to just that client's name so that they cannot see anybody else's data but can still see where they rank amongst the others. I have been asked if it would be possible to still filter to just the client but for the table visual to show the data of the client ranked above them and the client ranked below them, whilst not showing the client's names but still showing the name of the client on the slicer. (The ranks are based on their name - 

Overall Rank = RANKX(ALL('Account'[AccountName]),[OverallRankSum],,ASC))

Apologies if I am not making sense!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @gp93 

If you want to share specific data to client you can use row level security.

Row Level Security

Mark this as solution if this helps.

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, i should explain that this report is exported to PDF as we are unable to take Power BI reports to clients on a pc/tablet. I am aware of Row Level Security however the real point of this post is to be able to show these ranks on an exported report. To make myself clear, if i want to show data to the 25th best ranked client i am looking for it to show:

Rank | Client Name | Completion Rank | Cancellation Rank | 

24                              17                            14

25   Mr.Client             18                           20

26                               20                           28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gp93 

Still you are not clear, if you are filtering on Client name then how you can see other clients?

Would you provide sample data wherever you are getting mismatch with explanation why that record shouldn't be included?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, I am not getting a mismatch in anything I am just looking to see if it is possible to display something differently. For example on the same report I have a report level filter that filters to the last 12 months however I have numerous visuals that use ALL() to jump out of this and look at the last 14 months instead. What I was looking for was to see if it was possible to conditionally format the table with dax based on the report level filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.