Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display data from different tables into single table

I am working a data set. I have Workstations History, Box users history and Users.

I want build a combined table visual. Each row will have Username, Workstation Name, Used Storage, Used box storage from Box model. Users with only one data point (workstation or Box) should also be included. One user can have multiple workstations. I want to do it without merging tables.

I have attached sample data here.

10 REPLIES 10
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

As we can see from your sample, you already have the desired table visual. What could the issue be?

BTW, don't share sensitive data in the forum.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see the there is UsedStorage Available for Inam, Kane and Usman in Box. But it is not showing in visual.

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 94422834. I will update the progress here.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

I have gotten the responses from the Product Team. This behaviour is by design. Some items are hidden because they don't have any values. If we turn on the "Show items with no data", they still have no values. 

A new document will be released to describe the details of "Show items with no data" later. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

But the point is, there are values for these described users, which are not showing

Hi @Anonymous,

If you turn off "Show items with no data", you will see that the values you suppose to see shouldn't be there.

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have checked that. But If  you check the Box model, you will see values are present there for those users.

Hi @Anonymous,

But the context is constructed by both the [User name] and the [workstation] in the visual. The values shouldn't be in the visual in the first place.

Best Regards,
Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

What if I want to show the values for Box as well irrespective of whether their workstation exist or not. If any user have either Box or Workstation, it should display.

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you rebuild your model. Did you notice that the sum of [Used Storage] is repeated? Or you can use a measure and the result could be like below.

Measure 3 =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Box[Used Storage] ), ALL ( Workstations[Workstation] ) )

Display-data-from-different-tables-into-single-table2

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.