Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aryan
Helper I
Helper I

Display data as sum of percentage in different catagory

Hi Everyone

I am new to power BI, i  am facing a problem with my data i have to 2 columns one column contains value of different catogories like(LO,CD,DI(a,b,c,d,e)) I need to display that colmn as perentage in three catagories as LO,CD and remaining as DI in table and pie chart

in table wise it shpuld show out of 100% how much is LO,CD and DI same i ahve to show in pie chart also and percentage on the visuals

Can u plz help me

Example of my data and visuals

Pie1.JPGTable.JPGPie excel.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
dujos
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Aryan,

So to display these informations you can simple create another column classifying the information on each line for example:

Add another column called = Class as showed below:

img1.png

After creating this column you have just to do a measure DAX formula for example:

Total Value = SUM('Data Tale'[Value])

After creating the Measure Total Value create another to lock the total value

Total Value Blocked = CALCULATE([Total Value];ALL('Data Table'))

and now one more Measure responsable for % porcentage

% Value por Class = DIVIDE([Total Value];[Total Value Blocked];BLANK())

Click on this last measure on created and format his time to %img2.png

And now if measures ready you can create the Graphics: selecting the View and the fiels as showed below:

img3.png

Please if you have any doubt please type here

I hope i've helped 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aryan,

>> i  am facing a problem with my data i have to 2 columns one column contains value of different catogories like(LO,CD,DI(a,b,c,d,e)) I need to display that colmn as perentage in three catagories as LO,CD and remaining as DI in table and pie chart

in table wise it shpuld show out of 100% how much is LO,CD and DI same i ahve to show in pie chart also and percentage on the visuals

Please share some dummy data for us and clarify your desired results based on these sample data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.