Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tina345
Helper II
Helper II

Display count on card

Hello Experts,

I have a  simple query and my requirement is very simple.

Based on that query I need to take a count of account number and display in a card.

I was able to display data set for that query, however not sure how to display count of acct numbers.

I created a card then from my dataset , selected that field and summarized (count) and used on card, however count is not correct.

tina345_0-1624403208414.png

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello Parry2k,

It doesn't have any filter.

Based on the table, I am simply summarizing acct_nbr as count distinct and     using that value on card.Its displaying as 1 which is not correct. 

I even tried creating a measure below, table has around 400 accounts,       however its just displaying 1.

count_distinct = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[ACCT_NBR])

tina345_0-1624405950942.png

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tina345 doesn't make any sense? There has to be something. Can you just put this measure in a table visual? I'm sure there is more than 1 unique value for acct_nbr.

There has to be some sort of filter, either page/report level. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tina345 doesn't make any sense? There has to be something. Can you just put this measure in a table visual? I'm sure there is more than 1 unique value for acct_nbr.

There has to be some sort of filter, either page/report level. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I am really sorry that was my fault on my end.

My page wasn't refreshing properly even if I refreshed.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tina345 when you say it is not correct what does that mean? How you are comparing it? Do you have a filter on the report?

Hello Parry2k,

It doesn't have any filter.

Based on the table, I am simply summarizing acct_nbr as count distinct and     using that value on card.Its displaying as 1 which is not correct. 

I even tried creating a measure below, table has around 400 accounts,       however its just displaying 1.

count_distinct = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[ACCT_NBR])

tina345_0-1624405950942.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.