Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display columns with no data

I have data from 2 tables in db.
These two tables are combined in a new table and month filter is applied to the visual.

the table should display total 4 categories and respective amount for a given month as shown below

antobourntec_0-1638958893142.png

i want the category to be listed even if there is no data in the table for that month. 
I have selected the option to display items with no data but the table  visual is not displaying all categories when there is no data.

For example:

antobourntec_1-1638959089947.png

In the above scenario there is no data  in 2 categories for month of november.

I expect all the categories to be displayed in month of november with values 0 when data is not present.

Please help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When "Show items with no data" does not work, you need to create a new table and have the new table act as a reference table to link back to the original data on the Model tab.

I found a similar thread : Show empty columns when filtering , hope this helps you.

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Please try this  option on category

ShowItemwithoutdata.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

its already applied

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.