Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display a measured value in column not working - referencing an extra column

Hi,

I am trying to create a column that will display a measure value that I created if another column contains text but I am having problems where the measure is being recalculated based on another column in my sheet.

More details:

I created a 5 week average for my data based on filtering out only the last 5 weeks worth of data (Week Number: -5, -4, -3, -2, -1) into a seperate sheet. From there I took a measure that dynamically calculated that value correctly (say this value is '100'). 

I then went back into my main sheet which has 3 relevant columns (Discipline, Week Number, and 5 Week Average). What I want to do is have the column 5 Week Average display the value '100' any time Discipline contains text (such as PIPE). 

Problem:

The issue is that the measure will reference the Week Number in my main table instead of simply displaying the '100' value. (i.e. if Week Number = -1, the measure will only take the average of the values from -1 which ends up being like 85) Similarly, if the Week Number in my main table is not  -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, the value will be left blank.

Goal:

What I am trying to do is have a dynamic running average that will be applied to any row that contains the text PIPE.

Please advise,

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
Geradav
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous 

I think it would be helpful if you could share the file with some sample data. Just divide or multiply the values and replace important words with some random words.

If you prefer you can also send to david@fumastra.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to do that... How do I share a file?

Geradav
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Anonymous You could either use a cloud space of your choice and share the link to the file. Or you can also send it directly to david@fumastra.com

If you share a link through a cloud platform it will also give the possibility for others to participate and help.

Just make sure to remove all sensitive data from the file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Becuase of the relationships I have built in my model, I'm not able to simplify and remove any sensetive information. Are you able to provide any thoughts without looking at the model?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.