Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Totals as Percentages

Hello, I need this red row of Totals on top of this table.

3.png

So I have this table showing only top 15 SKUs by Plan. I made the table and put the top 15 filter in the Plan field and got this. Now, those Totals on top are the %age of the value of these top 15, taken out from the total value of Plan. Then same for Baselines and Commercial.

I can create measure and put them as cards on top of these columns. But then I will have to create 3 measures for this table, and then do 9 more altogether for the 3 more tables I have to make.

It will look messy to create 12 measures and then paste them as cards. From the screensot, I can't seem to figure out how they did this.

Pls help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for my late reply, I've got your point. please kindly check below reults:

Rank = RANKX(ALL('Table'),CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Population])))
Measure = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Population]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Rank]<=15)),SUM('Table'[Population]))

000.PNG

Pbix attached: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dinaye_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/ESkDVYQ7q-1Dpj0wj0tLIGMBhSkwwTmSWy35ifb38bhlpw?e=CxoTcG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I’m not quite sure about the percentage of total you want, in my sample, I created the table with category and total value, then show value as percentage of grand total. And filter the category using “TOPN”. Without new measure involved.

02.PNG

Result shown as below:

03.png

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft your solution doesn't exactlysolve my problem.

I have my top 15 SKUs that I have got by applying the Top N filter. Now I need

(sum of the value of these top 15) divided by (sum of all the values)

And I don't know how to get that

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you enable the option: show values as percentage of grand total?  does this work?

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft I don't want each value as an individual %age, I want all the sum of Top 15 values as a percentage of all values. Enabling show values as %age does not solve my problem. And the total just give 100%

I'm looking for a solution thru the TOPN measure and RANKX measure. Trying to find that.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for my late reply, I've got your point. please kindly check below reults:

Rank = RANKX(ALL('Table'),CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Population])))
Measure = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Population]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),[Rank]<=15)),SUM('Table'[Population]))

000.PNG

Pbix attached: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dinaye_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/ESkDVYQ7q-1Dpj0wj0tLIGMBhSkwwTmSWy35ifb38bhlpw?e=CxoTcG

quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Any updates?

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.