Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EVEAdmin
Helper V
Helper V

Display Text based on number ID

Hi all,

in the the table below, there is a field corresponding to the Employee ID. In my report, I would like to display the employee name instead of the ID. My options are:

• add a calculated column
  • extract the name from the SQL data source

However, I'd like to learn whether that is something I can achieve dinamically, through a measure too.

Thank you.

Snag_4a31d5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you have an employee table with unique values, right?...if that is the escenario, make a relationship between the employee table (or whereever you have the employee names as unique) and the table you only have employee ID... after that you will be able to use the name column from that table everywhere in your model.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you have an employee table with unique values, right?...if that is the escenario, make a relationship between the employee table (or whereever you have the employee names as unique) and the table you only have employee ID... after that you will be able to use the name column from that table everywhere in your model.

@Anonymous thank you, appreciated.
I did not have that table but I do now. So simple, I just created. The solution will also serve for other similar situations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.