Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bbrowy
Regular Visitor

Display Subtotals Only

Show totals only.JPGI have a table that shows totals for each month and then a subtotal.  Is there a way to just show the subtotal and not the indivudual months?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bbrowy,

Based on my research, there is no such a function to allow to show subtaotal row only. There is a option "Total Row" which we can turn on or turn off. However this option will control all the total row.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-caliao-msftCan you please let me know how to add sub totals in a table view. I'm strglling to find it. Every other blog talks about matrix view when it comes to sub totals, but i'm sure there should be a way to add sub totals in a table.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bbrowy,

Based on my research, there is no such a function to allow to show subtaotal row only. There is a option "Total Row" which we can turn on or turn off. However this option will control all the total row.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

That answers my question, thank for the help.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

I think you are talking about Matrix here, what are the columns you are using on rows and columns, can you share please?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.