Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

meehael
Helper II
Helper II

Display Siblings Of Filtered Child

Hi everyone,

is it possible to display siblings of a child in a hierarchy if a report-level filter is set on one of the children, please?

The filter is coming from URL and is filtering the report on a specific customer.

The report displays sales data for the filtered customer.

However, in another visual, I would like to display the hierarchy structure of the child customer: its parent and its siblings, along with the sales data.

I tried using ALL, CROSSFILTER(Col1, Col2, None), etc. but I couldn't make it work.

This is the complete unfiltered hierarchy:

meehael_0-1614085367181.png

And this is how it looks like when filtered on one specific customer:

meehael_1-1614085414084.png

However, I would like to achieve this:

meehael_2-1614085557136.png

So, I would need to display only the hierarchy structure of the filtered child, its siblings and parent, but not other parents, and their children.

I've also attached a pbix example.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Mike

Here's the link to an example .pbix: HierarchyExample 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @meehael , please download this PBIX file. But I haven't figured out how to show only a specific customer if filter on a parent. In this file, if I select 1 or 2, Customer A and B will show together. (I add Customer B record in sales table for test.)

022601.jpg

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @meehael 

It seems a challenge. Since the URL filter is a report-level filter and it will specify the table name & column name, I think a workaround is to create a disconnected customer table or a SUMX calculated table for this visual individually so that it will not be filtered by the URL filter.

I have a question that some parent customers don't have parents data in customer table, if you filter on one specific parent customer, what should be shown in this visual? Is there more than 2 hierarchy level in the data, for example grandparent - parent - child? Will a child customer has two or more parent customer records in the table?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

Hi @v-jingzhang 

in my use-case it will never happen that the report will be filtered on a parent, always on a single child customer.

• If a customer doesn't have a parent, I would display it alone, without any siblings and without the parent. Just like in the first screenshot at "Customer A"
  • Also, there are only two levels: Parent<->Child
  • A child customer can have at most one parent

Thank you and best regards,

Mike

Hi @meehael , please download this PBIX file. But I haven't figured out how to show only a specific customer if filter on a parent. In this file, if I select 1 or 2, Customer A and B will show together. (I add Customer B record in sales table for test.)

022601.jpg

Regards,

Jing

Hi @v-jingzhang ,

that works great and fits perfectly my use-case.

Thank you very much! 🙂

Best regards,

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.