Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jamesmathew
Helper I
Helper I

Display Selected Filter for the Hierarchy Slicer

Hello Community,
I am using a hirerarchy slicer to filter the values. Now I want to display the selection as a text.

In the below figure if I select foodservice segment it should display the same(but here it is displaying the First of Description).Is there any measure we can write to dispaly the selected Hirerarchy

mock.PNG

Attaching the reference pbix file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlTyyZ_9D_WjiWLmwbAGdI66CkRd

3 REPLIES 3
Jamesmathew
Helper I
Helper I

Does any one know how to solve this?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

am not sure if this helps for Hierarchy Slicer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYbl4k_CWBE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Location Selected = SWITCH(TRUE(),
          ISFILTERED(Level4), CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Level4),[Level4] ,", "), //Give a space after comma to make it readable
          ISFILTERED(Level3),CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Level3),[Level3],", "),
          ISFILTERED(Level2), CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Level2),[Level4],", "),
         ISFILTERED(Level1), CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Level1]),[Level1],"
                                       "), // if you want values in new line, then Shift + enter
        "All Selected")
-- But it always displays lowest level in the Hierarchy.

If you do not want to display these many items in the Card, then use below:

Location Selected = SWITCH(TRUE(),
                       ISFILTERED(vw_Court_Unit_Dim_BI[Site]),IF(COUNT(Level4)<4
                                              , CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Level4),[Level4],", ")
                                              , MIN(Level4]) & " and other " & COUNT(Level4)-1 & " Other Site(s) Selected"),
                      ISFILTERED(vw_Court_Unit_Dim_BI[Division]),CONCATENATEX(VALUES(vw_Court_Unit_Dim_BI[Division]),[Division],", "),
                     ISFILTERED(vw_Court_Unit_Dim_BI[County]), CONCATENATEX(VALUES(vw_Court_Unit_Dim_BI[County]),[County],", "),
                      ISFILTERED(Districts[Location]),CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Districts[Location]),[Location],"
                   "), 
"All Selected")

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.