Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sudhakar111
Helper IV
Helper IV

Display Percentages in tool tips

Hello,

I am facing an issue while displaying percentages in tool tips. We have one product and that product has sub products.

The percentage calculation should be how much percentage is each sub products contribution against the overall total. 

If i do a calculation in a table displaying the sub products and the measure like Quantity/Sum(Quantity) it gives me the correct

results. We are using a bar chart for Sub products and a tool tip which should display the percentage against the overall total.

when mouse over on the sub product it is displaying 100% for all sub products. The tool tip is ignoring the overall total and the

numerator and denominator are showing the same values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sudhakar111

To display a tooptip in a text box,

1.you could create a new report and add card visual on the report,

2.then create a new measure like this

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet3[BILLED_QTY]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet3,Sheet3[sales office]))/CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet3[BILLED_QTY]),ALL(Sheet3))

3.add this measure to the card visual,

4.set this page as a tooltip by cilck on Format->Page information->turn on tooltip

5. cilck on the bar chart with sales office, then click on Format->turn on tooltip->select the page your card visual display

finally, when you mouse over the bar chart,you would see the card visual displaying as a tooltip.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Best Reagrds

Maggie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sudhakar111

Please refer to my pbix to see the proper Percentages in tool tips.

Assume your table is like below, then create a measure as below

measure =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sheet3[quantity] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Sheet3, Sheet3[subproduct] ) )
    / CALCULATE ( SUM ( Sheet3[quantity] ), ALLEXCEPT ( Sheet3, Sheet3[product] ) )

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Thanks a lot @v-juanli-msft,

That worked perfectly. I have a different issue in the same context. I need to display the tool tip in a text box.

i have one dimension now which is a sales office. Using the below formula i am able to see the percentage contribution for each Sales Office in a table. The requirement is i need to display the percentage of the sales office in a text box when moused over on a bar chart with sales offices. The below formula shows 100% for each sales office when moused over.

Percentage = (sum(SALES[BILLED_QTY])/CALCULATE(sum(SALES[BILLED_QTY]),ALLSELECTED(SALES[SALES_OFFICE])))*100

Hi @sudhakar111

To display a tooptip in a text box,

1.you could create a new report and add card visual on the report,

2.then create a new measure like this

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet3[BILLED_QTY]),ALLEXCEPT(Sheet3,Sheet3[sales office]))/CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet3[BILLED_QTY]),ALL(Sheet3))

3.add this measure to the card visual,

4.set this page as a tooltip by cilck on Format->Page information->turn on tooltip

5. cilck on the bar chart with sales office, then click on Format->turn on tooltip->select the page your card visual display

finally, when you mouse over the bar chart,you would see the card visual displaying as a tooltip.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Best Reagrds

Maggie

Thanks @v-juanli-msft,

The formula you mentioned works fine when the tool tip is a table with the sales offices.

but when displayed in a card visual it is showing 100% for all the sales office when mouse over on a sales office.

Hi @sudhakar111

Based on my test, it could show spefic percentage for each office, could you share some screenshot to describe how you create the chart and tooltip page?

Besides, i'd like to suggest you open another thread for this additional problem and describe with more details so that we can help you better.

Best Regards

Maggie

Dear @v-juanli-msft

Thanks a lot.I am able to display the percentages in tool tips using your formula.

A new issue cropped up. I have to two bar charts on the same page,one for product and other for Sales Office.

I need to create 2 separate tool tips. But only one tool tip works for both. Checked the below thread. Looks like a bug.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Multiple-report-page-tooltips-visual-bug/idi-p/510235

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

can you please share some sample screen and dummy datas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.