Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Percentage on Y Axis and Year/Month?

I'm working on a line chart that has Date on the X-Axis and I want Basic Margin Percentage on the Y-Axis (to be displayed as a percentage). I formatted as a percentage in my Query model (I did the calculated column of Basic Margin/Revenue). I can't get it to format correctly on the Y axis as showing as a percentage. It looks like it wants to aggregate. On values, it says "Sum" for the percentage and there is no ability to not aggregate. I am new to PowerBI. Thanks for your help. 

Also, I had Month/Year in one of my columns and when I formatted as date it added day (Month/Day/Year as 1/1/2014). Is it possible to show date as just Month/Year? 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi  @Anonymous,

you please try with Calculated Measure (not calculated column):

% Basic Margin Percentage = divive(sum(Basic Margin),sum(Revenue)) 

In case there is no Basic Margin column, you could add one more Calculated column to compute.

For second question, you could not show date as Month/Year, but you could show X-Axis as Month/Year by remove Day in Month Year hieararchy. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi  @Anonymous,

you please try with Calculated Measure (not calculated column):

% Basic Margin Percentage = divive(sum(Basic Margin),sum(Revenue)) 

In case there is no Basic Margin column, you could add one more Calculated column to compute.

For second question, you could not show date as Month/Year, but you could show X-Axis as Month/Year by remove Day in Month Year hieararchy. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.