Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tjordan

Display Past Due number of actions based on today's date

Hello all, I'm working on a Dashboard which should show all Past Due actions that have not been set as 'Complete' based on today's date. 

I have a date column called ‘Next Activity Due By’, which I am using to show as a timeline slicer for upcoming activities. It's currently showing some Activities we had to do in May which are overdue, however I want to have a graph/ card which displays in red - or something similar - the number of overdue activities which I should be able to view in detail when I click on the card/graph.

I need to create a formula to say IF Next Activity Due By’ -<TODAY AND Status is not 'Complete' THEN Output should be = 'Overdue' - that way I can show the count of the Overdue tasks as a card or use another chart.

How can I write this formula? I tried to create a conditional column, but it only allows does the IF - ELSE IF function. I need IF + AND. 

ps: How can I create a parameter that has today's date (TODAY(), so I can use it in the Conditional Column?

Any other ideas to solve this? 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

using DAX you have to combine IF and AND in the following way ...

IF(AND(check condition1, check condition2), "overdue", "complete")

You have to be aware, that the DAX function AND(...) just accepts 2 conditions, if you have to check 3, this can be become a little messy like ...

IF(AND(AND(c1,c2),c3), ...)

Hopefully this gives you an idea.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

using DAX you have to combine IF and AND in the following way ...

IF(AND(check condition1, check condition2), "overdue", "complete")

You have to be aware, that the DAX function AND(...) just accepts 2 conditions, if you have to check 3, this can be become a little messy like ...

IF(AND(AND(c1,c2),c3), ...)

Hopefully this gives you an idea.

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.