Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkakhanouski
Frequent Visitor

Display “No Data Available” text when visual is empty

Hi there!

According to task requirements when all values are filtered out in some visual (pie chart visual is empty or column chart visual is empty), the “No Data Available” text should be displayed in that visual.

Report connected in live to SSAS cube with MDX model.

I try to implement this requirements and go in several ways:

1. I try to find some property in the pie chart and the column chart visuals – there is no such property.
  2. I found workaround described here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-show-message-No-data-in-chart-when-the-values-are-em... - When I try to create measure with the “No Data Available” text, I cannot do it while report connected in live to SSAS cube with MDX model. (I check, I can create such measure while report connected in live to SSAS cube with tabular model, but it is not my case)

Could you please suggest any workaround to display “No Data Available” text?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dkakhanouski

I'm afraid there's no better way to achieve that.You may vote for this idea create calculated measures when live connected to MDX cubes.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martha_m_hanna
Frequent Visitor

this is good tutorial for this
HYG

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dkakhanouski

It seems you may try below measure:

Measure = IF(SUM(Table[Values])=BLANK(),"No Data Available","")

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It could be great solution, but I can't add measures - buttons are disabled:

Capture.PNG

Also, when I do right click on any measure or dimension, there is no "Add measure" item or something like that item:

image.pngimage.png

Hi @dkakhanouski

I'm afraid there's no better way to achieve that.You may vote for this idea create calculated measures when live connected to MDX cubes.

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.