Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anil
Helper III
Helper III

Display N months in the X axis based on a slicer selection

Hello Friends

I have a requirement where user should be able to select a MonthYear value from a slicer in page1 and drill through to Page2 and a line chart in Page 2 should display values from selected MonthYear till Max(MonthYear) availble from the table

Example: Select MonthYear Apr-2018 and go to page 2. Line chart should display Apr-2018 to Jan -2019

Change MonthYear selection to May-2018 Should change the line chart x - axis to May-2018 to Jan-2019

Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I *think* you will need to eliminate your month from your drillthrough filter and pick something else to drillthrough to your page, perhaps a related table of your months that does not filter back to your fact table. fact -> month table. I don't know, tricky. Any chance you can share your file so that I can play around with some ideas?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.