Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Metric Definition on Dashboard

Hi,

To give a very simple example of this, we have a metric of "Net Revenue" that we define to be excluding Tax, and including Shipping (and sometimes can be slightly more complicated, like excluding loyalty points, say), and I want to be able to very easily view the definition of any metric within the dashboard when you're looking at it (but hidden as default).

I'm thinking of either hovering over the metric field/column name, and it comes up, or maybe a little (i) info icon that will display it. I know there is the (i) icon that I can place next to the text, however, if the table changes (say auto expands column width to the data within it), the icon does not stay on top of the field, but stays where it is on the dashboard.

Is there any easy way to solve this problem?? Workarounds welcome, as I feel there is not anything simple for this.

Thanks,

Benji

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your scenario, what about using the Report tooltip page which should meet your requirement?

Please have a good look at this document about report tooltip page.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

For your scenario, what about using the Report tooltip page which should meet your requirement?

Please have a good look at this document about report tooltip page.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, haven't been able to look at this until now.

This is nearly what I am looking for, but not quite. Very much a workaround. it only displays the tooltip when hovering over the values of a table, not the column labels. And it doesn't differ depending on which metric you are hovering over.

I may still be able to use it, and I'm guessing it's the only solution I have. I guess I can define all the metrics in a text box in the Tooltip, but not ideal.

Thanks for the feedback.

Benji

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.