Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Latest Refresh Time in Local Time in PowerBI Embedded based on user's region

Hi techies,

I would like to create a simple card visual and place it into my report to show the last refreshed time of the dataset.

My dataset has a fixed automatic schedule refresh in PowerBI Service and I want my report to display this information for my end-users. Since all my users are sitting at anywhere in the world and there could be timezone issues.

What I understood so far is that PowerBI Desktop displays "local time", while PowerBI Service / PowerBI Embedded displays "UTC time". I want my users to see the last refreshed time based on their own timezone (eg. Users sitting in UK will see UKT in PowerBI Emdedded. Users sitting in New Zealand will see NZT in PowerBI Embedded.....etc).

Already tried to google around and did some tests on my own but not 100% successful.

Anyone can suggest the best and easiest way to do this?

Best regards,

Emily

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, Power BI doesn't support to automatically identify the time zone of the browser. 

You can post your idea on Power BI Ideas forum. It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Power BI.

In addition, you can get one workaround from this post: Dynamic time zone conversion using Power BI – The White Pages (unlimitedviz.com).

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.