Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amir851
Helper I
Helper I

Display Current row value in another row in different column

Dear All,

I am a bit new to Dax, I have a requirement to display the current row value(Sum of Duration) in the next row of another column(Sum of Duration1).

Description is a column of Table

Sum of Duration is a Measure

Rank_Measure is a measure

Rank Next is a Measure

Sum of Duration1 is a measure that I am trying to create.

Description(Column-Part of Table)Sum of Duration(Measure)Rank_Measures(Measure)Rank Next(Measure)Sum of Duration1(Measure)
Component110,9467 
Component29,007810,94
Component38,00899,00
Component47,009108,00
Component56,6010117,00
Component65,4011126,60
Component73,2012135,40

Can some one please advise me on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amir851 ,

You may remain your [Rank_Measure], try to create another Rank column, then create measure [Sum of Duration1] as follows:

Column: Rank = RANKX(ALL(Table1),[Sum of Duration],,DESC, Dense)

Measure: Sum of Duration1 = CALCULATE(Table1[Sum of Duration]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Rank] =MAX(Table1[Rank])-1))

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amir851 ,

You may remain your [Rank_Measure], try to create another Rank column, then create measure [Sum of Duration1] as follows:

Column: Rank = RANKX(ALL(Table1),[Sum of Duration],,DESC, Dense)

Measure: Sum of Duration1 = CALCULATE(Table1[Sum of Duration]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Rank] =MAX(Table1[Rank])-1))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amir851 ,

You can create measure like DAX below.

Sum of Duration1 = CALCULATE(Table1[Sum of Duration]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Rank_Measure] =Table1[Rank_Measure]-1))

Or you may add Index column to original table in Query Editor.

Index_add.png

Then create measure like DAX below.

Sum of Duration1 = CALCULATE(Table1[Sum of Duration]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Index] =MAX(Table1[Index])-1))

Best Regards,

Amy

Dear @v-xicai ,

Thank you for your response,

I have tried that Dax which you mentioned earlier itself but it was not working and it returned empty value, The issue is that I cannot create an index column in this situation because Rank_Measure is a measure and it has four slicer acting upon it.is there is any other way to do it.

Thanks

Amir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.