Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Afiq_Danial
Helper II
Helper II

Disconnected Slicer

Hi,

I have 3 tables which i created. The 'Staff Certification' table shows all the staffs that has certificates and their certificates. The 'Staff' table shows all the staffs in "the company". While the 'Disconnected' table is a disconnected slicer table which gets all the certs from the 'Staff Certification' table.

Right now, my disconnected slicer is not working and i'm not sure why. I looked through other Power BI Forum here and i tried following their method but it's still not working.

I want it to be in a way that when i selected a cert in the disconnected slicer, the staffs with that slicer will show up and also when i select the blank option, those with no certification will show up. Lastly, is it possible for me to have multiple selections on my disconnected slicer?

This is the file that i have right now.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14AVmY-g_T1VJfD2-7WcTT14R10lehmjD?usp=share_link

Thank you, I tried fixing this for a few days now and I'm really stuck. Appreciate all the help i can get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Afiq_Danial ,

Please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

Create measures.

Measure = var _1= CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Disconnected[Certs]),Disconnected[Certs],",")
return
IF(ISFILTERED(Disconnected[Certs]),_1,BLANK())

Measure 2 = var _1=MAX(Staff[Certification])
return
 IF(CONTAINSSTRING(_1,[Measure]),1,0)

vpollymsft_0-1670484136693.png

About multiple selections on  disconnected slicer, I don't have an idea yet.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Afiq_Danial ,

Please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

Create measures.

Measure = var _1= CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Disconnected[Certs]),Disconnected[Certs],",")
return
IF(ISFILTERED(Disconnected[Certs]),_1,BLANK())

Measure 2 = var _1=MAX(Staff[Certification])
return
 IF(CONTAINSSTRING(_1,[Measure]),1,0)

vpollymsft_0-1670484136693.png

About multiple selections on  disconnected slicer, I don't have an idea yet.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Afiq_Danial , You can use treatas to pass value of this independent slicer in a meausre

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/treatas-function

refer how to use in

Need of an Independent Table in Power BI - Exclude: https://youtu.be/lOEW-YUrAbE

example

calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table,Table[Column] in values(Ind[column]) ) )

Hi Sir,

I tried doing your method but it's not working. I think my problem lies when I use group by in power query to merge duplicated colum with another.

For Example,

JamesCRTP
James

OSCP

to

James

CRTP, OSCP

Somehow, i think having the comma there disturbs the name of the item which makes it hard to use containstring function.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.