Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dc189
Helper II
Helper II

Disconnect year slicer from sales CAGR chart

Hi guys,

I have a sales CAGR chart as below that shows growth over the 5 years from 2010 to 2014 for different age and income brackets.

sales cagr chart.JPG

Problem is, I have this chart aloing with other charts on a dashboard and when I filter the year slicer for say, 2014, the cagr chart understandably goes blank. How do I make sure that the cagr chart is "disconnected" from the year slicer only and not other slicers, and all the slicers are connected to all other charts?

I learnt that the ALL function can be used but there's something wrong with my formula below which is still making my cagr chart go blank when I filter for a year in the slicer.

Sales CAGR = ((CALCULATE(SUM(SmCustomerDemographics[Sales Amount]),ALL(SmCustomerDemographics[Year]),FILTER(SmCustomerDemographics, SmCustomerDemographics[Year]=2014)))  /  CALCULATE(SUM(SmCustomerDemographics[Sales Amount]),ALL(SmCustomerDemographics[Year]),FILTER(SmCustomerDemographics, SmCustomerDemographics[Year]=MIN(SmCustomerDemographics[Year])))) ^ (1/  (2014-MIN(SmCustomerDemographics[Year]))  )-1

If someone could point out the mistake in the formula, that would be great! Please note that in the cagr formula above, I've manually plugged in 2014 instead of max(year) because the max year is actually 2015 for which we don't have complete data.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dc189

What you could very easily do is to edit the interactions, so that when you click on the Year Slicer the Interaction does not affect your chart?

Click on your Year Slicer, then in the ribbon click on Format (1) and then Edit Interactions (2), then change it from Filter to None4784_Edit-Interactions

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dc189

What you could very easily do is to edit the interactions, so that when you click on the Year Slicer the Interaction does not affect your chart?

Click on your Year Slicer, then in the ribbon click on Format (1) and then Edit Interactions (2), then change it from Filter to None4784_Edit-Interactions

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Perfect, thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my page I have 3 charts but I want my YTD chart not interact with the slicer but the other 2 charts should change with Year selection. How can we do this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.