Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sh4dow85
Frequent Visitor

Disconnect a slicer from a different sheet

Hi - hoping someone can help with a frustrating issue I've come accross. 

I have a report built by someone else that is now under my control (and not only am I new to BI but they're not around any more to help). I think when they built it they've duplicated sheets rather than create each one as new, as some of the slicers not only affect the visualisations within the same sheet, but on other sheets as well. When I'm going throough I'm finding which visualisations that are being affected, but I'm not sure which slicer on which sheet is affecting it. I've managed to delete and recreate some of the slicers in the hope it'll fix it but there must be an easier way?

I've tried looking at the 'Sync Slicers' option within the 'View' tab, but it really doesn't make any sense to me, and as I've gone through and ticked/unticked the sheet I want to unsync it's made a mess on other sheets... 

Hoping someone can kindly point me in the right direction and give me some idiot-proof explanations! 

Just to clarify - I want the slicers on each sheet to affect that sheet only and no other sheets, although the same type of slicer will appear on other sheets. So I'll have a slicer for 'year' on sheets 2 and 3 - if I select 2019 for sheet 2, and sheet 3 already has 2017 selected, I don't want sheet 3 to also change to 2019.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sh4dow85,

Is there any column in the report page filter? To remove it and edit sync the slicer option to try again.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

No, Report Level filters are blank - no filters in this section at all for any sheet. 

I 'think' I've sorted it by using the slicer sync options and unticking any 'sync' boxes (first column) but leaving the second 'visible' boxes (second column) ticked. I am assuming that this means that although a slicer is visible on multiple sheets (as it filters the same category - i.e. 'year'), clicking on a slicer on one sheet won't affect/sync the data across the other sheets it's visible on... Not sure if my understanding is correct though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is what I had suggested. Would you please mark is as answered if this has worked

Thanks

In fairness, I did already mention in the original post that I'd looked at the sync settings but didn't understand how it worked, therefore your suggestion was just asking me to do something I'd already tried at that point. I only got to where I did purely by trial and error with the sync boxes on my own.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

If you are in your report in Desktop, go to View along the top and click Sync slicers. Then a pop up will appear along the right hand side where you can select which tabs that slicer affects. 

Thanks

Victoria

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.