Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gtamir
Post Patron
Post Patron

Disconnect a filtered table from it's parent table

Hi, created a filtered new table. It is filtered by a value in one column.

Now I don't need the old table and I want to delete it. I can't do that because the new table is dependent on it.

Is thare a way to make the filtered table independent?

Thanks Giora

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@gtamir,

Here I suggest you to get the data from a folder, then we can combine all tables directly.

1. Put your 6 files in one folder.
2. Get data -> Folder -> enter the folder path - > load
3. Edit queries -> click the icon on the right side of Content column and choose the sheet we need to combine files.

1.PNG

After that, we can get a table that we need:

2.jpg

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gtamir,

Did you create the filtered table using DAX? If so, we can create a table visual and put all columns from the filtered table in the Values. After that we can export all the data in the table to a csv. Then we can import the csv to desktop, then a totally independent table will be created.

1.PNG

In addition, we can filter the old table in query editor directly rather than creating a new filtered table.
2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia.

The first is long way to do every month with 6 files.

The second might be good if I could enter a fixed list of values to filter. But the wat I know is to tick each value seperatly. Also long procedure every month.

Giora

There is another question in this area. I appended 6 files into Sales file. Now I want to delete those 6 files but it won't let me. So my project wights twice. 

ScreenHunter_066.jpg

@gtamir,

Here I suggest you to get the data from a folder, then we can combine all tables directly.

1. Put your 6 files in one folder.
2. Get data -> Folder -> enter the folder path - > load
3. Edit queries -> click the icon on the right side of Content column and choose the sheet we need to combine files.

1.PNG

After that, we can get a table that we need:

2.jpg

Regards,
Lydia

Thanks, good solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.