Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disabling chart interactions by default in Power BI Desktop

Hi Exparts, 

I am not sure whether the feature is already there or yet to be implemented. That disabling charts interactions by default in Power BI Desktop. In other words, how we can make default charts interaction is None. In case I need I will make it cross-filtering or cross-highlighting. 

It is not only annoying but painful and unproductive to make interaction none with all the charts with all. 

Say for Example, In my page I have 20 visuals (including grouped or complex visuales). Now I want a small slicer which just need to connect only one chart among these 20. In this case I have to disable each and every other visualisation.

If this feature is not there, please vote for that.   

5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

For your needs, I think you can put the slicer and visual to another page. Also, you can create a disctinct single list(use DISTINCT(<column>) function) to set as slicer, and set related columns and measures separately.

You can also sumbit the idea and call for people to vote to help us improve powerbi and hope it will come sooner.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Idea Janey, 

However I looking for a strategic and more generic solution. 

Regards,

Sukhomoy

Hi, @Anonymous 

I understand your thoughts, but when the feature is not satisfied, this is probably the most convenient way.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Amit, 

Can not agree with that solution. I have already checked that solution but it is not aligned with my concern.

Regards,

Sukhomoy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.