Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disabled filter on visual - is this an error?

Hi

1. I select my matrix and disable filter on another viasual - a piechart in my exampel, se the red arrow.
  2. I select a part of the piechart, and thereby filter the matrix
  3. I start working in the matrix, and clicks does - as expected - not filter the piechart, BUT it deselects the filter on the piechart, and shows all items in the matrix, including the ones I have filtered away in step 1

I think that is an error, I'm I right?

Regards, HenrikFilter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k Ah, I see - that also work at my end 🐵 But I still find it illogical for my users of the report, that they have to learn to ctrl click to avoid changes in the filter on the piechart. I dont think this should be necessery, when I have disabled the interaction from the matrix to the piechart? What am I missing here? 

My report is more advanced than the example. The matrix have several measures and rows, and after selecting af department in the piechart, the user will continue to drill down in the matrix, and will be confused, when values from all the departments reappears.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous to do multiple selected from different visual, you have to hold click before making a selection in 2nd visual.

Ask anything Power BI. Book appointment for a free consultancy at https://www.perytus.com Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k I know. But if the issue is, that after selecting ex. two slices of the Piechart with ctrl click, then clicking in the matrix will DEselect the selection on the piechart. And I dont expect that, when I have disabled the filter from matrix to piechart. Regards, Henrik

@Anonymous I just tested at my end and it works fine, created a matrix and pie chart, disabled interaction from the matrix to the pie chart, selected to data points in the pie chart by holding ctrl and then also able to select a line in matrix visual using ctrl. Not sure why it is not working for you.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k Ah, I see - that also work at my end 🐵 But I still find it illogical for my users of the report, that they have to learn to ctrl click to avoid changes in the filter on the piechart. I dont think this should be necessery, when I have disabled the interaction from the matrix to the piechart? What am I missing here? 

My report is more advanced than the example. The matrix have several measures and rows, and after selecting af department in the piechart, the user will continue to drill down in the matrix, and will be confused, when values from all the departments reappears.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.