Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
smartbi123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Disable sorting function& bring textbox forward

Hi, 

I create a table, and want to keep column in fixed order.  In oder to avoid end users to touch sort function, I used text box to cover column header. But text box keeps to hide back to table. I saw some solutions regardng same issue(send to front under recorder or bring forward), but I can't find "recorder" or " bring forward" in my power BI desktop.

How can I bring textbox to front? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
smartbi123 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Disable sorting function& bring textbox forward

hi,

I found bring to forward under format. I used textbox to cover the header and set textbox at front, but when I clik the the header, textboxt hidding back to table again. Still able to sort!!! I want to use textbox disable sort from header, what I did wrong??? 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Disable sorting function& bring textbox forward

@smartbi123 ,

I can't reproduce your issue. When you select "Bring Forward" of text visual. The text visual will always cover the column header in table visual. You don't need to set the textbox to front.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors