Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fia123
Helper II
Helper II

Disable concatenate x axis is not working in April version of PowerBi

I have just upgraded to April version and in this version it seems that disable concatenate X axis is not woorking. Is that something I've missed - or is this a bug?

2018-04-16_10-35-13.gif

16 REPLIES 16
Dmitrii
Regular Visitor

Hi, in case, If you haven't found it:

Here is the answer

(Quick Tip: Please ensure how the chart is sorted by x axis)

Best Luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem as Fia123.

Using the data below I am unable to disable concat on the x-axis.

Main groupSub groupValue
Aaa1
Aaaa2
Bbb3
Bbbb4
Ccc5
Cccc6

Even though concatenate is set to Off it remains the same and it doesnt helpt to use Main Group-hierarchy instead of the groups as they are.

concat broken.PNG

chart setup.PNG

I am as well on the April 2018 version.

about pbi.PNG

I guess this might be an unrelated issue, but trying to mitigate this by updating to the May Version I get the following error:

error pbi.PNG

I posted an issue about this, it has beening going on since at least 2017 😞

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/concatenate-Labels-does-not-work-properly/idc-p/415565

The problem is solved 🙂

If you still have the the problem, sort the graph of diffrent criteria (press a bit back and forth), then it will work .

Tove

Thank you Fia123, this has been the most helpful answer for me.  I could not understand why it would work for some fields and not others... now I know. 

Fia123
Helper II
Helper II

Hi again,

I have made a small example based on a litle Excel file, see below. 

Excel file - Table Sheet1Excel file - Table Sheet1

Table CalendarTable Calendar

VisualVisual

Concatenate Off is not workingConcatenate Off is not working

I hope you , or someone else, can help me to solve this problem. It starting to be a big problem for me since I am a consultant and must go on 🙂 In the the time of writing I consider to unstall the April version and reinstall the Mars version.

Best regards

Tove Fjeldvig

Fia123
Helper II
Helper II

Hi again,

I have made a small example based on a litle Excel file, see below. 

Excel file - Table Sheet1Excel file - Table Sheet1

Table CalendarTable Calendar

Fia123
Helper II
Helper II

I have just upgraded to april version of PowerBi - but in this version the disable of concatenate X axis does not seem to work. 

Is this correct?

2018-04-16_10-35-13.gif

Hi Fia123,

I have upgrade to the lastest version but it works well on my side like below, please check if "concatenate label" works in other visual or other data.

Capture.PNG2.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy.,

I to had to reinstalled the Feb version og Power Bi to get it work. First I try with the Mars version, but it didn't work in this version either. The picture below is from the Feb version

2018-04-24_08-27-09.gif   

Tove

Hi Fia123,

I  still can't reproduce your issue. For troubleshooting, could you please share some sample data to me?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy

Tank yoy very much for spending time on this. Here is the link to my litle test example

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/le0az2edi8cx8mh/AACH11ibCV20V0SkemeD0pKRa?dl=0

Tove

Hi Fia123,

Your calculate table is:

CALENDAR = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(DATE(2018,1,1),Date(2018,12,31)),
"Year",YEAR([Date]),
"Month",MONTH([Date]),
"Week", WEEKDAY ( [Date] ))

So in your "CALENDAR" table, you have added three custom columns, right? These columns can't contruct a hirerachy structure with the date created by calender() function. So chart can't recoginze these columns as a hirerachy structure. It you delete the three custom columns, "concatenate" works well. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi,

Here's is another example where "non-concatenate" doesn't work anymore. This example has nothing to do with dates.

In the first picture the chart is made by Feb 2018 version of PowerBi - and the next two by April version.

This must be a bug??? 

2018-05-04_11-49-30.gif2018-05-04_11-52-00.gif2018-05-04_11-51-30.gif

Tove

Hi Jimmy

Thank you very much for your answer 🙂

I can see that it works well with the "Date hiearchy" automatically created by PowerBi, but it doesn't  work with the  data hiearchy I have made by myself. This must be something new?? I have created a lot of reports where "non-concatenate" works very well with customized columns, but if I "touch" the graph with a version of PowerBi after Feb 2018, it doesn't work anymore. See example below.

I can live with this, but I need to add week no to graph and replace month name with month no. How do I change the data hiearchy created by PowerBi???

(I look forward to upgrade PowerBi again)

2018-05-03_21-07-07.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y1q6blwmz81jjd/Feb2018_Concatenate.pbix?dl=0

Tove

Hi Jimmy, thank you very much for your answer.

This is very strange. I have tried with a lot of examples and non of them are working on my side. If I change a visual created it the mars version, eg replace a measure with another one, it will be wrong.

Here is an another example. The visual on the the top  is created in mars version. The visual on the bottom  is a copy of the one on the top, but here I have remove one of the measure.

2018-04-23_22-13-10.gif2018-04-23_22-13-42.gifAny tips???

Tove

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.