Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alvin199
Helper III
Helper III

Disable certain chart with multiple filters in a dashboard

Hi, here is my dashboard and I would like to only allow each of the 3 filters to interact with the charts that link by red link.

If I disable the charts that link to filter 2 and 3, the charts link to filter 2 and 3 will be static. This is what I want to achieve.

At the same time, when I apply filter 2 and 3, the charts link to filter 2 and 3 will not response based on its filter while charts link to filter 1 will response. This is not what I want.

alvin199_1-1646272480043.png

Here is the dashboard

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gDi_7u3YvZ1TTiocAWOuoEXHsINQiUnF/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @alvin199 

Unfortunately, that is how the Edit Interactions work. The other way to do it is to create a measure that includes ALLEXCEPT (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/allexcept-function-dax).

If you use CALCULATE ( [Measure] , ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Column1] , Table[Column2], etc ) ) you will be able to ignore every filter except the columns that you put in the ALLEXCEPT function.  

Let me know if that makes sense. Take a look at the link and let me know how you go k.

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @alvin199 

Click on a visual, go to Edit Interactions in the ribbon, and then you can choose which filters / visuals interact with one another.

TheoC_0-1646275216502.png

Here is a link to further explain: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Thanks,

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

hi @TheoC 

I have tried using the Edit Interaction. When I started on filter 1, the result is when I disable the interaction on charts that belong to filter 2 and 3, I cannot use filter 2 and 3. My dashboard is "half paralysed".  

Anything I miss out here?

Hi @alvin199 

Unfortunately, that is how the Edit Interactions work. The other way to do it is to create a measure that includes ALLEXCEPT (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/allexcept-function-dax).

If you use CALCULATE ( [Measure] , ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Column1] , Table[Column2], etc ) ) you will be able to ignore every filter except the columns that you put in the ALLEXCEPT function.  

Let me know if that makes sense. Take a look at the link and let me know how you go k.

Theo 🙂

Hi @TheoC 

Your suggestion does work. Putting the variable name in ALLEXCEPT means remove filter on other variable & remain filtering effect on that variable. 

However, directly diable the interaction by clicking on Edit interaction is faster. 

Hi @alvin199 I though you mentioned Edit Interactions didn't give you what you needed?

Either way, I hope it gets sorted mate!

All the best!

Theo

Yup, I have to use ALLEXCEPT method in my case. However, if there is an option, I still prefer to use the Edit Interaction method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.