Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsy
Helper III
Helper III

Disable Slicers based on another Slicer's selection

Hello fellows,

We have a YTD slicers and Month slicers for the same set of data.

By Design once YTD is selected, Month slicers should not work anymore, but the UI is confusing for users, I often receive people query why the month slicer does not work and it turns out to be the YTD slicer is selected.

hsy_0-1610313779732.png

Is there a way to make month slicer to be visually disabled once the YTD override selected "By Year to Date"?

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@hsy there is no disable concept but you can use visual level filter for slicers. see attached, change it as per your need.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@hsy Thanks for the feedback. Glad it worked for you. Cheers!!

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@hsy there is no disable concept but you can use visual level filter for slicers. see attached, change it as per your need.

View solution in original post

Super underrated answer!
Super clever!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors