Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable Slicer Options while other Slicer option is selected

Helly everyone,

I'm almost done with my report, but something is not ideal in case of filtering.
I've the possibility to show different offer prices in EUR, USD and CNY. Which is useful for showing the offer prices in specific projects. But on the other hand, i have the possibility to show the prices only in EUR. When i select "Showing prices in EUR", i want that my slicer with EUR, USD, CNY is disabled or jump to "All" without beeing able to change it.

Is something possible?

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you show some sample data and expected result to us? It's better to describe your needs with some pictures.

You may check the topic about How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , is EUR is like global currency, where data is there in EUR in one column and Data is there all other currency.

if so have a table like ( two columns )

Currency currency_type

EUR EUR(Global)

EUR USD(Global)

EUR CNY(Global)

EUR EUR(Local)

EUR USD(Local)

EUR CNY(Local)

Join it with currency m-m bidirectional and try. , make sure slicer is single select only

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is more like:
I have a column "Local Currency" in my fact table which shows different prices in USD, EUR, CNY for various projects. Then i Have a dimension table with 2 Columns "Local Currency" and Tax factor.

On the other hand, i have 3 type of prices in my facttable. Quotation price in Local Currency, Normalized Price in LC and Normalized Price in EUR.

My Valuefield contains all of those 3 pricetypes with help of a switch and a slicer. Whenever EUR/USD/CNY is selected, all prices are shown which have the original data in that currency.

But when i select Normalized price in EUR, i want that my Local Currency slicer switch to "all", or "select all", so all 3 currencys are given in EUR.

Furthermore, my tooltip shows the original currency from my facttable. Even when i've selected "Normalized Price in EUR", the prices change to EUR, but the tooltip still have the original currency (e.g USD), even when the prices are shown in EUR.

So i need 2 measures.
One could be something like: If Normalized price is selected, set the slicer "local Currency" to "all".
and the second on is for the tool tip. When Normalized price is selected, change the original Currency USD -> EUR, CNY -> EUR. Is it possible somehow?

@amitchandak 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.