Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

DirectQuery and DocumentDB

HI Everyone,

Can anyone suggest what is the best possible way to integrate IOT solution with Power BI.
I have alreday considered below options:

1. Using Stream Analytics to send data from IOT Hub to Power BI. I cannot use this approach because i have data coming in from thousand sensors and since filtering is not allowed on dashboard so dropped this option.

2. Using DocumentDB to store timeseries data and then creating reports on top of it. I had to drop this approach as well becaise DirectQuery is not supported in DocumentDB yet and i cannot afford to wait for 1 hour to get my dataset refreshed.

Please suggest some approaches.

Prateek Raina

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@prateekraina

Since Direct Query is not supported for Documentdb yet, I think using Stream Analytics to send data from IOT Hub to Power BI could be a better option currently. Please submit a feature request on idea.

Regards,

Hi @v-sihou-msft,

But there is no support for filtering if i go the way you suggested right?

@prateekraina

It's true. Currently we can't filter dashboard, we can only pin entire live page to achieve similar goal. However, it's not for streaming data scenario.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.