Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michal089
Frequent Visitor

DirectQuery Calendar bug. Can't do many-to-one relationship.

Hi!

Recently I've found certain bug in PowerBI Desktop. Firstly I'm getting data from SQL Database via DirectQuery. The table has date value (e.g CreateDate ). Secondly, I have that DAX table that serves as Calendar. The thing is: I can't make a many-to-one relationship between the table from database and DAX table by date. I've tried creating calendar using M but that didnt work aswell.

On the other hand, using Import (instead of DirectQuery) I am able to make such a relationship using both DAX and M as my Calendar.

DAX formula for creating Calendar table:

Calendar = CALENDAR(min('Table1'[CreateDate]),TODAY())

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Michal

2 REPLIES 2
SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

This is a limitation of direct query:

Calculated tables are not supported: The ability to define a calculated table using a DAX expression is not supported in DirectQuery mode.

Please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-directquery-about

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

I am using Composite Mode which , theoretically should be capable of doing both DirectQuery and Calculated Tables. Am I wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.