Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Direct Query

Hi I currently use direct query and it showed me this problemCapture.PNG

Problem is that I haven´t imported  nothing. It appears during opening bi file .Do you have idea how I can fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pstanek,

From the message when you refresh, it seems that you use DirectQuery connection, while there have some steps require Import mode.

1. Before install the April desktop version, is the report can be refreshed successfully in desktop.

2. Is the .pbix changed after update the desktop version.

3. Open the Query Editor and check which steps used in the query cause the issue. You can open the Advanced Editor for each query and copy to save the Power Query in NotePad. Then go to Applied Steps, delete each step then apply the change to see if the error throws out. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks it worked

Hi @pstanek,

As the issue is gone, would you please share the solution which can benefit other communities who has the same issue? Also please mark a helpful reply as an answer so that we can close the thread.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

It also says .

Capture.PNG

I t appears that it takes one my data source as more sources. but how It can be. I have no idea

Funny thing is when I publish it to online version. Online version works

When I open pbix in desktop and use continue instead of validate , my report will appear , but It shows same error, when I use refresh.

Hi Problem appeared, after installation april updates in desktop.

Can I find all sources .that I use in report, problem is I have no idea where the problem is, so I have no idea how to solve it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.