Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsBrizius
Helper I
Helper I

Direct Query with Predicate?

I have been using SQL Profiler to monitor how Power BI is querying my database while I use Direct Query.  It is selecting every row in the table.  This is very inefficient, especially if I only want to report on the current weeks data.  Does anyone know how I can use a custom query so I can add a simple WHERE clause?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jsBrizius in power bi desktop, for sql connector you can define custom sql queries.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jsBrizius in power bi desktop, for sql connector you can define custom sql queries.

Capture.PNG

@ankitpatira, thank you for pointing that out.  I did not see that option.  I will give this a try.  Is there a way to pass parameters?

I see there is a checkbox for "Include relationship columns" and "Navigate using full hierarchy".  Maybe these allow you to pass parameters somehow.  They must be documented somewhere.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.