Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chris_moore_pf
Frequent Visitor

Direct Query for Power BI on dataset New feature can't be removed?

I connected a dataset to a separate model which works fine on desktop. Publishing to Service works, however all the the connected data causes display issues for me and can't display due to credentials for others. Now I can't disconnect the dataset. Has anyone had any luck removing an added dataset?

*I've tried clearing permissions because it was the only place I could see the connection.

chris_moore_pf_0-1609356549588.png

*I've tried turning the preview off and restarting. It doubled all the queries from the model and won't let them be deleted. The doubled queries do not show up in the Query Editor.

chris_moore_pf_1-1609356598598.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@chris_moore_pf 
The purpose of this feature is to allow use combine LC source with other DQ or Import source. In fact, the fields are still Live connected, you are not able to delete tables like you cannot modify model under LC mode. 

Currently, there is no way to remove the PBI dataset queries only, you can only recreate a pbix with other DQ and Import datasources. You can share your feedback or idea to improve the feature: Share your thoughts on DirectQuery for Power BI da... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mmcanirlin
Frequent Visitor

Create a new dashboard, with a SQl data Source.  I used the query Select '1'.  Edit the source of the DirectQuery to use the new datasource, and the old tables will dissapear once you refresh.  This should eliminate any performance hit that the old datasource was using (mine was considerable)

Hopefully they will implement a delete function for this.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

It says, "Transform data (toolbar) -> Transform data (dropdown menu) -> Click on unwanted query -> Delete."

Which appears to no longer exist.

image.png

@chris_moore_pf 
The purpose of this feature is to allow use combine LC source with other DQ or Import source. In fact, the fields are still Live connected, you are not able to delete tables like you cannot modify model under LC mode. 

Currently, there is no way to remove the PBI dataset queries only, you can only recreate a pbix with other DQ and Import datasources. You can share your feedback or idea to improve the feature: Share your thoughts on DirectQuery for Power BI da... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is pretty poor.  I have the same problem and cannot delete the source.  There needs to be a way to delete it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.