Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pstanek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Direct Query and (slicer)import Excel

I use direct query  and I have list of product in Excel that  I want to analyse. How will I do it?

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pstanek,

Power BI supports importing or connecting to workbooks created in Excel 2007 and later. Workbooks must be saved as .xlsx or .xlsm file type and be under 1 GB.

What's your issue currenly? Please providue us more detail information, so that we can make further analysis.

Reference
Get data from Excel workbook files

Regards,

Charlie Liao

But you can choose between Direct query nad import data form Excel, but Not at the same time.

I have many problems beacause i can´t find enough information about direct query.

If I  choose import data from excel, I will loose contact with my database in MS Azure.

So I don´t ask if i can  import data from excel, I ask how I can analyse excel sheet by using data in direct query.

Someone give me excel sheet with 50 products.  I have data  about 10 000 - 100 000 products in MS azure, so we have direct query connection . I want to analyse this 50 products.

Precisely when your are in direct query a you are trying to import Excel workbook. It wants to download entire MS Azure database to computer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.