Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abehrmann
Helper II
Helper II

Direct Query Last Note

i have a table that contains "service tickets" and a "Note" Table the relation ship is Many to one.

I am connecting using Direct Query.  

I am looking to display on a table the Last Note. 

Sortby doesnt work because some notes are duplicates.  

I concatenated the date and the note trying to show the Latest but its a string, which isnt accurate. 

Please Help!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @abehrmann 

You may try to use RANKX Function to get the rank as requested.Then filter the visual as rank=1.If you need further help,please follow the How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly to post your simple assumed data and expected output.You can upload the .pbix file to OneDrive and post the link here or send me via private message. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/use-of-rankx-in-power-bi-measures/

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

THe rankx function did not work,  

i had to switch the tables to import for now.  

Hi @abehrmann 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. If not, please share more details for us so that we could help further on it.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.