Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

unnijoy
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Dimension tables not filtering each other

Hi All,

I have a fact table and two dimension table. Dim Table 1 got the name of country and it is mapped to Fact table "Coutry". (Many to One). Dim Table 2 got the managers name. and is mapped to Fact Table "Manager name". (Many to One). Now i create two slicers. One for Country and other for manager name. The issue is that when i select a manager form Manager slicer it is showing all country in Country Slicer. Why is it not filtering the Country slicer based on the selected manager. 

Now it is showing all country insted of giving only those country where that manager for team members.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, @unnijoy 
That's kinda the correct behavior, since Dimensions by design are usually OneToMany with a single cross filter. So they only filter the Fact table, not other dimensions. 
If you want them to filter each other check this link:

https://radacad.com/one-dimension-filters-another-dimension-in-power-bi

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, @unnijoy 
That's kinda the correct behavior, since Dimensions by design are usually OneToMany with a single cross filter. So they only filter the Fact table, not other dimensions. 
If you want them to filter each other check this link:

https://radacad.com/one-dimension-filters-another-dimension-in-power-bi

Hi @vojtechsima ,

Thanks a lot for the clarification and the link. Good day 🙂

@unnijoy 
You're welcome, leave a message here if the solution will work for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.