Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

makcim392
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dimension tables not filtering Fact table correctly, instead displaying all the values

Hi, 

I have this relationship

dw.png

For some reason I can´t get persons to filter the sales table. As you can see below it is showing the total of persons, for each product in each of the purchase dates. If I do that with client, it shows the correct values. 
I modified the relationships a bit, because there´s a bridge table (as you can see in the relationships screencap), but that wasn´t helping either. 

Previously, the facts table was linked to the client dimension, client dimension to it´s bridge, and the bridge table to persons dimension. 

dw2.png

I double checked every relationship, messed with crossfiltering options, etc, without any success. 

any help is much appreciated. 

regards!

3 REPLIES 3
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @makcim392, not easy to determine why it is not showing any values based on your description. 

From your Person-table, can you find a couple of values from the column you have used for the relationship with the Monthly Sales-table, and verify that these values exists in the column in the Monthly sales-table used for the relationship?

yes, I´ve already done that. There are data available for persons in the sales table.

That is all I can think of. I can take a look at it if you share the report with me, either here in thread or in PM. Or try to recreate the issue in a sample file and share that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.