Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diffrence in unique values in table and in summarized total

Hey,

For one of my data models I'm finding a difference in the unique values within a table.

I want to know the number of unique customers that has a subscription and when this subscription is ending. A client can have multiple subscriptions. I want to know how many unique customers I have this year (table) and in which month the subscription is ending (graph). 

I've made a table that has the customers IDs and the enddate of their subscription. I use a date table and a relationship with my fact table (subscriptions) to convert the specific end dates (i.e. 05-06-2021) to their respective months (May/Mei in my language). In the formatting tab I select to summarize by Values (distinct/unqiue).

If I add the values of each month the total is 1.602. And not the 1367 which the table summarizes? 

https://pasteboard.co/JRO3Ra4.jpg 

I'm finding differences in more slides now. How do I find the number of unique customers per month?

I've tried using a measure with DISTINCTCOUNT but ran into the exact same results...

Any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous , The formula I suggested will force a total of rows.

Simple DISTINCTCOUNT (Table[customer id]), will be recalculated at grand total and subtotal level 

View solution in original post

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Try use Hasonevalue(), something like:

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[customer id]),DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[custome id]), calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT (Table[customer id]), all(table))

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Try use Hasonevalue(), something like:

Measure = IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[customer id]),DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[custome id]), calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT (Table[customer id]), all(table))

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You have to create a measure like this

sumx(values(Table[Month year]), calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT (Table[customer id])))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak I've tried this solution and it seems right but now the total of the table are corresponding with the total of the values in each of the rows. Is this a normal result? And is there a work around for this?

@Anonymous , The formula I suggested will force a total of rows.

Simple DISTINCTCOUNT (Table[customer id]), will be recalculated at grand total and subtotal level 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.