Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JacktheYeti
Helper I
Helper I

Difficulty Calculating Subscription Conversions

Hello!

I've been able to produce a blanket conversion ratio (Subscriptions / Trials) but this isn't totally accurate as there are instances of Subscriptions without trials. 

Is is possible to calculate a conversion rate, say, for the total amount of subscriptions within a year, what percentage of those previously had a trial?

My order table contains the following:

Client

Order ID

Order Date

Order Type (Subscrition or Trial)

Thanks,

Jack

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JacktheYeti , how to check for Subscriptions / Trials ?

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hello!

A subscription or trial would be determined by Order Type column. See table information below and a sample:

My order table contains the following:

Client

Order ID

Order Date

Order Type (Subscrition or Trial)

Sample (Apologies for the plain text, the website returned an error when I created a table)

Order ID Client Order Date Order Type
1 Able 1/19/19 Trial
2 Beta 2/14/21 Trial
3 Able 1/30/19 Subscription
4 Charlie 2/14/21 Subscription
5 Beta 2/28/21 Subscription
6 Delta 3 Trial

Hi @JacktheYeti 

I think you need to first create a clearer rule to determine which subscriptions converted from trials can be counted within a year. There are some questions that need to be sorted out first.

• You want the conversion rate within a calendar year or a rolling year?
  • For subscriptions that are converted from trials, do we need to consider how long the duration is between trial order date and first subscription date? Will there be scenarios that the trial order date and subscription date are in different years? Do we count it in the year of the first subscription order?
  • When calcualting the rate, what should be the numerator and denominator? Number of orders? Number of all clients in a year? Or number of new clients?
  • ...(maybe there are some conditions that I haven't thought of)

Without working out these questions, it seems difficult to answer how to calculate a proper conversion rate.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Thanks Jing,

That makes sense - I'll aproach the questions you posed first before returning here.

Best,

Jack

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.