Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

angelompcunha
Frequent Visitor

Difficulties with Active and Inactive Relationships

I'm attempting to build a dashboard that will show, among other stuff, the volume of trouble tickets created and closed by the team.

I have 2 tables, one for tickets created ( Raised Table)  and another for tickets closed (Resolved Table).

I also have 2 secondary tables for Date and Time which have an active relationship to both Raised and Resolved table and are related to the Creation Date, Creation Time, Closed Date and Closed Time.

What I wanted to do is to select in the visual for the tickets created and that will show from those tickets that were created, which ones were closed in the visual that shows the volume of tickets closed.

In order to do this and since I already got an active relationship between the Raised Table and Date Table and also the Time Table, I have created another table that would serve as an index using the Ticket ID as key since that is unique.

My problem is that I can have an active relationship between the Raised Table and the index table but I can't have an active relationship between the REsolved table and the index table, I receive the ambiguity error between the Resolved Table and Date Table and honestly, I don't understand why since I don't have duplicate records or something out of the ordinary.

I'd like to avoid using the RELATIONSHIP DAX Formula that's why I tried to set it up like this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I may be doing wrong?

(Disregard the Backlog table as that is for testing only at the moment)

relationships.jpg

relationships1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The first thing I would do is to combine the Raised and Resolved tables into a single ticket lifecycle table. Then you would remove the ambiguity.  Keep the date and time tables linked to the date and timestamp in the lifecycle table.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
angelompcunha
Frequent Visitor

That's what I've done. Since I merged those 2 tables now I've run into the problem of relating the Created Date and the Resolved Date but I don't think there is any way around it other than using the USERLATIONSHIP function. I think I must compromise between relating the Incident ID or the date

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The first thing I would do is to combine the Raised and Resolved tables into a single ticket lifecycle table. Then you would remove the ambiguity.  Keep the date and time tables linked to the date and timestamp in the lifecycle table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.