Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anmolgan
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Differnece Between Powerbi Pro and Powerbi Embedded Capacity

What is the difference between the Powerbi pro and powerbi capacity, in terms of users, whats the main difference between users using the report having powerbi license, and users using the reports where the Embedded capacity is involved what are its advantages over the powerbi pro??

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are three levels of Power BI content sharing.

Pro is $10 per user and allows for editing and viewing of content.

If you want to share content without having to pay a full $10 per user if they will just be viewing content.

Power BI embedded is designed for embeding in apps/webpages and depending on your use case can be significantly cheaper than power bi pro for each user.

Above embedded is premium which gives you more features such as report server etc as well as not reuireing pro licencse to view content.

The pricing model for embedded and premium are different to pro. Pro is a per user where as embedded/premium are capacity based so while it make look expensive they can save an organization money.

The default option in the premium calculator displays this. a power bi deployment for 5000 users all with pro will cost $50,000 a month where as a premium enviroment with 20% pro users will cost ~$25,000 a month which is half the cost.

Only those who know your organization can say what tier of pricing you should go for dont just go of a forum post on the internet.

Embedded pricing - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/

Premium Pricing - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/calculator/

http://radacad.com/power-bi-licensing-walk-through-guide goes more in depth and is a good guide

Are you talking about powerbi embedded capacity and powerbi pro??

So Powerbi Pro is Powerbi embedded right????

Or its something else??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI pro is the bare minimum license needed to share content.

It is also required to view reports UNLESS those reports are in an embedded or premium enviroment.

Pro is the base license and if your organisation has embbeded or premium as well you will still need some users with Pro to create and maintain reports.

Please calrify me what are you referning to powerbi embedded? what exactly it is??

is powerbi service (powerbi.com) is powerbi embedded???

Anonymous
Not applicable

The peor bi service is part of power bi pro it is not power bi embedded.

Please read my first reply and the link I posted at the end

So What exactly is powerbi embedded and what services are involved in it.

I have read the article which you have sent me but I am not able to understand what exactly is powerbi embedded.

I am also new to Power BI and here is my understanding
Power BI desktop is the basic version to build and learn on your own
When you start sharing your solutions, then Power BI Pro is required which costs money every month
The other option is to use Azure ( if you already have an Azure account). This also comes with free services and one such service is Power BI embedded. Using this service you can share your Power BI solutions with others. Azure may be cost effective because there is an option to pay as you go, which essentially means, paying only based on usage is available
Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong with any part of my comments

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.